Old November 10th 18, 07:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron (Sr)

Default New LAK 17C

On Wednesday, November 7, 2018 at 9:00:07 AM UTC-8, Paul T wrote:
LAK's facebook page details a flight test of the new LAK 17C - yet gives
scant few details about the new model. Anybody know how it differs
from the B are they using the variable geometry miniflaps they have
ben testing on a B model?

I was in Lithuania last month and flew a modified LAK 17B 18 meter with self-launch capability at the LAK factory. I self-launched easily on a fairly short paved runway. My understanding is that the only major modification was installation of two new battery packs with 2 additional lithium cells each. The added horsepower was all that was needed to turn a sustainer into a self-launch.
Matt Herron