Old November 12th 18, 08:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron (Sr)

Default New LAK 17C

On Sunday, November 11, 2018 at 12:41:13 PM UTC-8, Duster wrote:
Jonathan was probably thinking two-stroke engine, not an electric.
Matt, anything more to add? The Facebook post hints that the C's wing profile has "big" changes over the B's (LAK's response), yet you're thinking is that the changes were only to the battery pack? Did the factory give any indication on when it may go into production and/or at what price?

What I was flying was an experimental self-launch version of the 17B, not a prototype 17C. I think it's LAK's test vehicle to try out modifications that will go into the 17C. The undercarriage had been modified to allow for more prop clearance. In takeoff it responded remarkably like the MiniLak FES that I flew a few days later.

I doubt that LAK will announce availability and price of the 17C, until just before production begins. They were burned once before when the factory prematurely announced launch of the 17B and then were not able to follow through on orders. Sales of the 17A dried up almost completely.

Matt