Old November 12th 18, 10:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Thomson[_2_]

Default New LAK 17C

At 20:53 12 November 2018, Matt Herron Sr wrote:
On Sunday, November 11, 2018 at 12:41:13 PM UTC-8, Duster

wrote:
Jonathan was probably thinking two-stroke engine, not an

electric.
Matt, anything more to add? The Facebook post hints that the

C's wing
pro=
file has "big" changes over the B's (LAK's response), yet you're

thinking
i=
s that the changes were only to the battery pack? Did the factory

give any
=
indication on when it may go into production and/or at what

price?

What I was flying was an experimental self-launch version of the

17B, not
a=
prototype 17C. I think it's LAK's test vehicle to try out

modifications
th=
at will go into the 17C. The undercarriage had been modified to

allow for
m=
ore prop clearance. In takeoff it responded remarkably like the

MiniLak
FES=
that I flew a few days later.=20

I doubt that LAK will announce availability and price of the 17C,

until
jus=
t before production begins. They were burned once before when

the factory
p=
rematurely announced launch of the 17B and then were not able

to follow
thr=
ough on orders. Sales of the 17A dried up almost completely.=20

Matt

I have a price list for the 17C, if you are interested contact your
local dealer!