Old February 20th 19, 07:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

Default LX Nav Varios, Bluetooth & XCSoar

On Wednesday, February 20, 2019 at 9:29:16 AM UTC-8, SAM wrote:
I'm interested in connecting LX Nav varions (EOS or ERA) to XCSoar via bluetooth.

From the manuals, xcsoar config screens, and old posts here it looks like that *should* be possible.
Does anyone have experience doing it?
I've got XCSoar on a couple android phones and a nexxxus 7 tablet.
Simply providing vario data via bluetooth would be the primary need. Ability to feed flarm or other data would be a bonus.

Thanks!

Believe the EOS and ERA are from LX Navigation, not LX Nav. To me that confusion seems like the Judean People's Front and the People's Front Of Judea from "Life Of Brian".
It should work the same, the phone is the odd thing... With the LX Nav S100 (from down the road) I have connected a Samsung Note 4 running XC Soar using Bluetooth. Also a Nokia 8 running LK8000.
Pair the phone, then ignore the OS connection.
In XC Soar Config/devices, set up the BT as Device A at the same baud rate - I used 115,200.
Click "Monitor" and you'll see data.

Jim