Old May 16th 20, 10:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Fatal Towplane Accident 5-9-20

While we’re talking about malfunctions, I was told that the Guillotine used in our winches, will quickly become coated with fir particles from the rope as it is retracted, over and over again, resulting in a jammed Guillotine..............as in, IT WONT CUT THE ROPE! Also, if the rope isn’t under tension, the guillotine may just shove it to one side and WONT CUT THE ROPE!
This from a guy that has installed many winches and tested them on annual inspections!
Recommend you clean guillotine’s weekly and have them tested annually,
JJ