Old June 5th 06, 09:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Those *dangerous* Korean War relics

Jim Macklin wrote:
Do you have the transcript? I don't, but I remember what I
heard. I have not read the book, what I heard was in an
interview on C-SPAN.

Someone else posted a link elsewhere in the thread.

It may not have been to a transcript of what you heard.

Even if he literally said something like, "I'm glad my ancestors
were brought here as slaves so I'm living here today instead
of in Africa." by NO sgtretch of the imagination could that be
interpretted as though he preferred that to his ancestors coming
to the US as free immigrants, or that his ancestors who
were slaves were _themselves_ better off because of it.

Not that anyone said that, but some folks might be
thinking it was said.

E.g. being the descendant of a slave in the most of the US
may well bebetter than being the descendant of free people
in much of Africa. That's because in both cases it matters
little whom your ancestors were, so long as they were African.

--

FF