Old November 25th 03, 03:35 AM
Richard Hertz

snip

There are no real stats on engine failures because engine
manufacturers and the FAA don't want those stats to exist. The FAA
could create those stats simply by requiring pilots to report engine
failures for other than fuel exhaustion/contamination reasons, but
will not.

Michael

Even if the FAA did require reporting those failures, without also requiring
pilots/annuals to report to the FAA all the total accumulated hours, the
failure numbers would be useless. (However, I am not an A&P and do not know
if these numbers are reported - I doubt it)