Old June 27th 05, 04:52 AM
Peter Dohm

"Joe Camp" wrote in message
.. .

What about metal flake paint?

Metal flake paint has considerably more metal, and bigger pieces of
it. Wouldn't that block the signal to and from an embedded antenna?

I'm sorry to but in this late in the thread, and further since I have been
away from avionics for 20 years...and was almost exclusively a Comm
and VOR technicial at the time.

But I'm not sure that all metal-flake paint has any metal it it. As I
recall, a lot of is is/was "mylar". Back when I was last involved,
metal-flake was enjoying a resurgence of popularity (after a 15 to
20 year slump) and we were seeing King Air 200's with metal-
flake radome paint--which contained a small amount of added
conductive material, just like the plain radome paint...

Your local DuPont supplier of aircraft paint should be a good
information source. They have an outstanding product line and
are/were quite helpfull.

Peter