Old February 14th 21, 04:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jason Leonard

Default Flying with Parachutes

Give Strong enterprises a call and give Rigging Innovations a call. They can build small harnesses, kids that age do tandems outside of the USA, but there is an issue of going much smaller than the backpack. Possible to fall out of an oversized parachute harness butt first, rare, but it happens once in a while. Also the parachute can be built with some adjustability, might not be enough to cover all of their growth but should get you a few years. I'd plan on putting a static line to the glider as well.

Thank you Greg for the reply and direction. Yes a static line seems logical for nearly all of us. Dave Nadler’s “bailout” near fail seems like an excellent argument for all of us. After his story of being 1 second to impact when he luckily pulled the D ring is a solid reason to do it for both of us. Between that and his Spot not being stitched to the parachute straps...

It *would* be my luck that I’d be jumping out of my beloved glider and get knocked out. So a static line is happening for everyone who rides and it’ll be setup so we can step out, then turn and unhook, that way we train our brains how to get out every single time. Big benefit is it takes care of my boys being physically capable of pulling the D ring. If they can get out: there is hope. That’s what I’m looking for. Thank you!

Jason
“JL”