Old May 27th 04, 06:01 AM
Greg Arnold

Today's replacement cost $144,000

Gosh, for $144k I would at least expect a motor of some sort.

I don't think it's silly: it was exactly my thought, after comparing it
to the cost of a friend's motorglider purchase ($150,000) a few months
ago. Maybe our currency is weakening faster than we realize.

$144,000 doesn't seem right. When the dollar was at its strongest, you
could get a '27 fully equipped for $75,000, and the V2c was only
slightly more expensive. The euro may be 40% higher now, but that
doesn't take the price to $144,000.

Tom must be looking at the motorglider price sheet.