Old May 6th 05, 06:59 AM
Grumman-581

"Denny" wrote in message
oups.com...
You've had a ton of good advice on route, weather, etc., so I'll skip
that and make one comment... KNEW is a fine airport and priced like
one...

You pay for the convenience of being close to downtown... I used to fly into
there quite a bit, but since I was on a DoD contract, I didn't have to pay a
landing fee even if I didn't buy their overpriced fuel...

The French Quarter, etc. is a total waste of time unless you
are looking to get drunk and fleeced...

Spoke like someone who doesn't appreciate the finer points of trading cheap
plastic beads for glimpses of female flesh... grin

Off Burbon Street, and especially after dark, you are simply a mark
to be pick pocketed or taken anyway they can...

I've never had a problem there... Then again, I'm a Texan, so maybe they
just knew better... The good thing about the New Orleans area is that the
swamps are close so you don't have to go that far to dispose of the
bodies... Gators gotta eat too, ya know...