Old March 10th 10, 04:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Default winglets on a 2-33?

There is no other 1-26 as hot rodded as that which graced the
western skies 15+ years ago.
Huge pieces of mylar material were used for the aileron gap seal.
The wingtip wheels were faired with something that looked like paper
mache applied by a toddler.
The tow vehicle had similar mylar treatment to the wheel wells.
There were more mods, but my eyes were tearing so much I probably
couldn't see them. Several people wet themselves, and one nearly
required a hospital visit after the hysteria.
Jim

On Mar 10, 8:03*am, Albert G wrote:

This somehow reminds me of the Dick Johnson report where he used some
electrical tape as a turbulator on the bottom of a 1-26's wings and
found a measurable improvement in best L/D.

Al