Old May 30th 07, 02:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Barrow[_4_]

Default buy or rent a 2006 182

"Vaughn Simon" wrote in message

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message
And that can make renting more expensive in other ways than direct costs
(i.e., losing the aircraft availability).

Then most of us just move on to the next flight school/FBO. A quick
check flight and you are on your way. (Of course, if you live in a small
town your choices may be somewhere between limited and nonexistent.)

I used to (ten years ago) live in a medium size town (170,000) and there
was one FBO and one club. I recently moved from a small town (30,000), where
there was one FBO and one club with three aircraft.

The point is that renting has to be more expensive than buying (and using it
100+/- hours) as the costs are the same. That FBOs and clubs are
inefficient business people is only peripherally a factor.