Old March 30th 04, 09:16 PM
Jay Honeck

Default New Tactic for Attracting Women...

....to aviation, of course. ;-)

Here's something I hadn't thought about:

My wife, Mary, (also a pilot) upon reading that Harrison Ford -- voted the
sexiest man alive by People magazine -- will be heading up the EAA's Young
Eagle program, remarked that this year's Young Eagle's rally (or rallies) at
Oshkosh will be the best attended by women -- ever.

And I'll bet she's right. Those rallies -- formerly led by every guy's
hero, Chuck Yeager, were rarely attended by girls and women. For some
reason crusty old Chuck just didn't seem to get much traction with the gals.
Now, they'll be beating off prospective female aviation enthusiasts with a
stick.

And Harrison Ford (AKA: Han Solo-Indiana Jones-Jack Ryan) is pretty popular
with us guys, too -- so they don't lose anything there, either.

Pretty smart move by those EAA folks...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA