Old March 15th 05, 02:53 PM
John T

Larry Dighera wrote:

What is the principal difference between those other
means and singling out light aircraft?

Public ignorance. They're comfortable with trucks, but the vast majority of
them don't understand aviation. That makes it easy to convince them we're
nothing but spoiled rich brats playing with our expensive toys.

It also makes it easy to convince them that the threat of a small plane
carrying a ferti-diesel-lizer bomb is feasible.

It smells like the airlines are behind this absurd GA alleged
insecurity pseudo issue. Perhaps it's time for the media to make a
distinction between heavily fuel laden biz-jets and four-place bug
smashes.

I don't know whether the airlines are behind this. After all, what would
they have to gain? But it is easy to conjure any number of conspiracies
about who could have something to gain by scaring the public about aviation
security and those small planes, in particular. Bureaucratic
self-preservation is one, for instance.

Otherwise, the media hype' of this issue smacks of fear
mongering.

Of course it is.

--
John T