Old December 2nd 03, 12:51 AM
Ray Andraka

IIRC, it went from $50/mo to $85/mo in 1992 or 1993, and back then the ramp
plowing was random. Sometimes it would be plowed pretty close to the
airplane, others you'd have to shovel out a 50' path between the airplane and
the shovelled lane. $110/mo is ridiculous. Even PVD, which doesn't want us
there, is only $52/mo for tiedowns, and they'll often do what they can to
stuff you in a hangar if there is severe weather predicted.

Bob Noel wrote:

In article k.net,
"Colin Kingsbury" wrote:

You at Bedford, Bob?

yes sir.

This is my first season owning there, I'm at the
Tower
Ramp tiedowns, which cost $110/mo for a 172.

well, the tie-downs had been $85/month since before 1994.

Don't forget that $500 also gets you the chance to pay $75 to get
fingerprinted, and for no extra money the guards at the air force base
will
harass you when you try to drive up if your auto inspection sticker is
out
of date.

don't forget to buckle your seatbelt.

(actually, I don't need to get on HAFB to get to my hangar).

As for how good a job Massport does plowing, I just hope they do better
than
the state does on 128.

They do. This is my first year in a T-hangar, but massport did
a decent job plowing the tie-downs the years I had my airplane
on the east ramp. Note that they can cut your ropes if they
plow when your airplane is not there. Shovelling out what
isn't plowed is no fun - I used to use a snowblower to (carefully)
clear out the airplane.

--
Bob Noel

--