Old November 6th 04, 04:37 PM
Eric Greenwell

tango4 wrote:

"Vorsanger1" wrote in message

If the US$ continues to sink, the trade imbalance will correct itself:
imports
of any type will be too expensive, and US exports will boom, sailplanes
included.
Cheers, Charles

I don't know about that Charles.

If the Czechs and Poles can't match German build quality what hope have the
Yank's got?

The US will be able to match German build quality in our exports,
because, unfortunately, most of the sailplanes we are likely to export
as the dollar weakens will be German sailplanes, which will become
attractively priced outside the US.

For any manufacturer, "build quality" is just one factor in a successful
product, as LS can tell you. Even the Germans don't all buy Mercedes or
BMWs. The US designed and manufactured SparrowHawk, for example, offers
offers features like none of the German manufacturers, along with good
quality construction.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA