Old December 2nd 04, 02:57 PM
Ron Natalie

markjen wrote:

The situation isn't exactly the same, but not many car dealers give demos to
customers who don't yet have their driver's license.

For another reason. Up until recently here the main reason they wanted to
see your drivers license is so they could grab the SSN off it so they could
go run a quick credit check on you.

My wife was surprised they let me go drive a $45,000 vehicle without even
the salesman along (and I pointed out that they had already determined that
I was good for it). We even drove the thing off the lot with temporary
tags and a "promise" to come back and give them a check for the down payment.