Old March 31st 04, 10:34 PM
Andrew Gideon

CFLav8r wrote:

I'm a real pilot, am I not?

Wrong question.

My wife was chatting with her trainer at the gym, and explained how we'd
taken our son on his first overnight in an airplane. She later explained
that I was flying an airplane that evening as a part of a maintenance
mission for the club.

Apparently, it finally sank into the trainer's mind that I was actually the
holder of a pilot's certificate (as opposed to someone that charters
airplanes in which the family takes trips). She's therefore decided that
I'm a "trophy husband".

Not bad. But I think that, if I could afford to charter planes for family
trips, I'd be fairly trophy-ish too.

So the right question is: are you a trophy?

There might be something to this. I was there when another member of my
flying club intoduced himself to a very attractive female friend of mine.
When she heard that he knew me through aviation, she became that much more
attentive to him.

I think I've a new idea for advertising flight lessons.

- Andrew