Old September 28th 04, 02:47 AM
G.R. Patterson III

The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:

Since you need 2-way radio comms to enter class Delta, I'd say yes..

Nope -- "Deviations. An operator may deviate from any provision of this section under
the provisions of an ATC authorization issued by the ATC facility having jurisdiction
over the airspace concerned. ATC may authorize a deviation on a continuing basis or
for an individual flight, as appropriate."

So, the deaf pilot can arrange for an exemption to the radio rule. Personally, I've
entered and departed a class-D without radios once. I wouldn't care to repeat the
experience.

George Patterson
If a man gets into a fight 3,000 miles away from home, he *had* to have
been looking for it.