Old September 12th 06, 03:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
ktbr

Default Bendix KT76C transponder requires major repair: Options?

Peter R. wrote:
A friend just let me know that his relatively new (four year old) Bendix
King KT76C transponder failed the mode C biennial test.

When the unit was sent in for a $250 troubleshooting (Duncan, I believe,
not Honeywell) analysis, he was told that his unit required a $1,700 repair
to replace the failed "tube" inside.

It looks as if a used KT76C is selling these days for US $1,700 to &1,900.
Does he really have no option but to throw this thing in the garbage?

Garmin makes an adapter that will retrofit their transponders into
a KT-76(a/C) bay.