Old February 14th 06, 10:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Mixture control bottoms-out against the firewall?

Mark Hansen wrote:

Is it possible to determine whether or not this is specified in the
service manual for the particular Cessna aircraft I'm flying? It's
a 172N model. Are the service manuals available online?

I guess what I'm looking for is something that I can show to the
maintenance
people at the club, as they said the mixture control is working correctly
when I complained that it should not hit the firewall.

Thanks,

Mark,

I don't know about online, but this most certainly *is* spelled out in
the maintenance manual, under "Engine Controls: Rigging". (It's chapter
11 in my 1969 182 service manual). Besides clearly stating that all
engine controls be set up with a 1/8" cushion, this is one of the most
basic, rudimentary procedures that first year A&P students are taught.
I suspect the mechanics you are talking to are trying to shine on the
job of replacing and re-rigging a worn out mixture cable.

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane
N92054