Old June 8th 12, 11:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

Default Flarm Audio and Towplanes

On Jun 8, 2:53*pm, Eric Greenwell wrote:
On 6/8/2012 1:45 PM, Andy wrote:

I ignored it because I couldn't find a full specification or manual for
the brick; however, I'd be surprised if it doesn't have the audio output
port, as it would seem to be even more useful on the brick than on the
portable. Perhaps the audio port is available on a remote display? Just
guessing, since I did not find the specifications

I reviewed the brick preliminary user manual. It makes no mention of
an audio output port. There is no audio output connector shown in the
pictures and no mention of audio output in any of the connector pin
outs. I couldn't even find any mention of audio alarms. The manual
is preliminary though.

It is my understanding that the alarm audio is provided by the
rectangular display that is an option with the brick. If that's true
then the audio alert is probably encoded in the serial data output(s)
of the brick. I am not aware that this display provides an audio
jack.

Andy