Old August 29th 07, 02:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Default Drudge: A Duel in the Sky

Marty Shapiro wrote:
Matt Whiting wrote in
:

wrote:
And the people who own and use private jets are quick to say that
airlines are offering them up as scapegoats...

http://www.iht.com/bin/print.php?id=7257326
Blame-shifting, its the American way! Of course the airlines want to
cover up their ineptitude by blaming corporate jets. The bottlenecks
aren't enroute, it is at the airports. Most corporate jets don't
land at the airline hubs, they use smaller fields.

I saw a neat rebuttal recently that placed the blame on the airlines
for switching from fewer large jets to many regional jets. It was
actually the most logical explanation I've seen as the RJs DO use the
same airports as the big jets and they are bringing the masses to and
from those jets.

Matt

IIRC, this article was in the Wall Street Journal about a week ago or
so.

That may well be where I saw it, but I read a lot of different
publications and they blur together after a week or two! It was a well
reasoned article in my opinion, much better than some of those preceding it.

Matt