Old September 8th 04, 06:42 PM
Ross Richardson

I took my 2 year old grandson in my Skyhawk. I put the carseat in the
back and lock it in. Not very user friendly getting the buckle locked
and unlocked behind the carseat, but doable. I built some extenders that
fit on the headphone headband and will raise the headset about 3/4 of an
inch, which is enough to let them fit. They are made out of foam and
cloth and afix with velcro. Works great. I came up with the idea when I
fly EAA young eagles. He loves it when he can go flying with grandpa. I
also fly my 5 year old and 9 year old grand daughters.

Ross

Dave wrote:

Howdy all,

I have a young daughter (currently 17 months old) who I am looking
forward to taking up in a plane some day. I have a private pilot's
license and typically fly C172s, Pipers, etc.

I feel she's too young right now, but as soon as she's old enough to
understand most anything we (my wife and I) say to her, we will
consider taking her for a ride.

Has anyone else taking their youngin' for their first flight? What
about seating (carseat compatibility in abovementioned planes)? Are
there headsets for smaller heads? (I didn't see any at Sporty's, at
first look). What else did you do to make the flight as enjoyable as
possible?

Thanks in advance!
Dave M.