Old August 6th 08, 06:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

Default Lightweight covering of 1/8 inch G1S plywood

"Orval Fairbairn" wrote

Too heavy! Doped Ceconite (or Stits) essentially last forever, too, as
long as you keep the bird hangared. And -- you can get a mirror finish,
if you desire. The secret is lots of thin coats of dope, sanded between
coats, then polished.

Yeah, I hear you, but I think you are not thinking light enough on the
weight or the fiberglass cloth. I'm talking the weight of cloth that would
be used for model airplanes. I recall that using that, it is barely heavier
than fabric and dope.

Rich Shankland's Emerald used glass, I believe. Many Falcos go with glass.

I don't doubt that fabric and dope is very good. I'm just putting the info
out that glass is also an option, and one that many prefer.
--
Jim in NC