Old October 14th 08, 07:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim[_13_]

Default Region 12 Soaring Map - Help the soaring community!

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 14:55:05 -0700 (PDT), "noel.wade"
wrote:

On Oct 13, 11:02*am, Jim wrote:

Thank you for this. *I have not before seen a Google Map used in this
way. *Very helpful and easy to use. *I do miss the inclusion of
Crystalaire though. *Wonderful people and wonderful desert, wave and
mountain soaring. *But other than this (and I am sure there may be
many other personal favorites that folks could mention), very useful.- Hide quoted text -

Jim -

The whole idea is for the map to be collaborative, so if you have a
thermal location or landing strip or glider ops area that isn't
marked, go ahead and add it! You may need to click on the "edit"
button in the information column to the left of the map, in order to
see the editing tools show up at the top of the map.

Enjoy,

--Noel

Noel,

I'm a little slow on this sort of thing, but I think I've added
Crystal to the map. At least it is now on the map I see in
Google Maps. I hope I did this properly. Thank you again
for providing this very useful tool.

Jim