Old July 31st 15, 04:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wheaton

Default Komet Surge brake, help needed

I have a early 80's Komet trailer that has/had the surge brake locking the trailer brakes. Komet was slow and more costly for a new damper. The tag on my trailer tongue was for Knott Gbm. Contacted them by email and phone and they were very responsive. Additionally their web site has all of the parts. There were three types of braking arrangement. They also have maintenance and instruction manuals. The complete responsive company. A pleasure to deal with.

The new damper for my style arrangement works most of the time. Best advice is to clean and lube from the ball hitch to the brake drums before you replace the damper. Considering the old bulky Minden I use to tow with no brakes I have considered just disabling the trailer brakes all together. I use a 4runner so I am not towing with a smaller toe vehicle.

Jjb