Old January 24th 08, 12:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Default A BFR question

On Jan 23, 4:18*pm, "BT" wrote:
True.. and then the CAP grounds you for missing a safety meeting. WAIT...
WHAT SAFETY MEETING...
The one we had last week.... AND DID YOU TELL ME ABOUT IT??? aahh... No..
the email did not go announcing the meeting.. it was "word of mouth"... *but
you are grounded anyway for missing the meeting.. until you make it up..

Ohh.. and another thing.. the online requirements to prepare for a Form5
ride are complete, but the check pilot does not take action. "He's too
busy".. so it expires... have to "re do"...

And people wonder why I left CAP.

All true. When you combine the paperwork requirements of the AF with
volunteers things often work at the speed of nothing. Things are
getting better in that most of the approvals are now done online and
they require less actual paperwork be sent around.
The biggest issue we have in the Pacific region is reimbersements. You
get up at 1AM to fly a mission and then put $300 worth of avgas on
your credit card but then have to wait 6 months for a check. At one
point we were told we would be allowed to use a CAP credit card, then
told we weren't, then told we were, etc. To date no cards have shown
up so when the truck pulls up the the "U.S. Airforce Auxillary" plane
you still pull out your personal credit card.

-Robert