Old August 20th 04, 05:06 PM
Mike Rapoport

I would use a carpet cleaner and woolite.

Mike
MU-2

"Alan Bloom" wrote in message

Seemed like such a good idea . Save some money by going with cloth
upholstery rather than leather when I renovated the interior of my '60
Skylane. And, used a light colored cloth as an added bonus. Big
mistake, especially when your most frequent passengers are dogs,
even though I do cover the backseat with a sheet.

Anyway, I've been trying to find a decent upholstery cleaner and so
far, it's been a dismal failure. Even the airplane detail "expert"
did a crap job. The only success has been hauling the seats to a
local auto detail shop, but that's tedious and doesn't help me with
the door panels.

So, my plea goes out. Anyone have a suggestion for a good
upholstery cleaning product and/or process that I can do myself?

Alan Bloom
N8565T
'60 C182
http://www.flyingmutts.com