Old May 4th 08, 06:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Private

Default Corn ethanol days are numbered

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message

The REAL problem is that we haven't even begun to see the result of the
unbelievable incompetence, corruption, and utter stupidity that has been
the result of the actions of the people we have elected to office in the
United States.
There will be a WHOLE LOT of suffering before things get better, and at
this point in time, a fairly viable argument can be made that things
indeed, might never be reversed.

--
Dudley Henriques

George Bernard Shaw said it best,
"Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we
deserve."

and similarly
"We have met the enemy and he is us." Walt Kelly in Pogo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pogo_(comics)

As pilots we are trained to accept responsibility for our actions as PIC,
but sadly we do not receive similar quality training as voters or citizens.
We tolerate a corrupted and fraudulent democracy and government, and allow
ourselves to be distracted by unimportant irrelevancies. It is often said
that addicts cannot begin their recovery until they admit that they have hit
bottom and this seems to also be the case for citizens who do nothing until
they find themselves shouting out the window that "I'm mad as hell and I'm
not going to take it anymore." (Howard Beale from the movie Network).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_%28film%29

We say we value freedom above all else, and imagine ourselves as free, but
our freedom is limited and totally controlled by authoritarian governments
that despite their claimed intentions, are best described as criminal
enterprises. IMHO the greatest line in Rock&Roll is Kris Kristofferson's,
"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kris_Kristofferson
(interestingly, also an Army helicopter pilot, West Point professor, and son
of a USAF Major General)

Happy landings,