Old February 5th 07, 10:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kev

Default Straight-ins at uncontrolled airports?

On Feb 5, 5:33 pm, Jim wrote:
On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 21:08:30 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
An aircraft on final has the right-of-way.

Yes. This is particularly wonderful when a pilot announces a
five-mile straight-in final to an uncontrolled field.

Exactly. They need to announce down to about every mile to the field
on a straight-in. I've had someone announce they were twenty miles
out on a straight-in, so I turned base. Lo and behold they were
actually one mile out... and cut me off.

Regards, Kev