Old January 29th 05, 03:36 AM
BTIZ

"Bill J" wrote in message
But... I teach a "keep your forward speed up" that we seem to always get .
You need to know the plane's very different feel if keeping on glide slope
with gear up. Also multiple GUMPS checks on all approaches make you check
on short final DA+200 ft. for example.

agreed.. and on "most" aircraft... once you've for the gear down.. you can
speed up to max gear extended speed, not gear extension speed..

had that happen to me in a Seneca II, slowed to a nice 110knt approach and
approach control decided that was not fast enough.. so on glide path..
speeding up.. and retracting flaps.. able to leave the flap lever at 1
notch, 160knt speed.. and left the gear down.. 150knt speed..

nice exercise to change configuration and drag while still tracking the
loc/glideslope

BT