Old May 31st 04, 05:15 PM
Geo. Anderson

Default Two Q's: Cruise Clearance, Searchable AIM

Checkride in about three weeks & I am trying to figure out cruise
clearance. Simple enough, cleared between the MEA and the altitude
limit, but I also read somewhere that it is also used to clear you for
descent into a non-ifr airport. Right? How does this work & is it
something you request or does ATC just give it to you?

I'm sure it is in the AIM somewhere but I couldn't find it last night.
So, I thought it would be an easy thing to research on-line if I could
find a searchable AIM, but I am having no luck. Non-searchable AIM on
the FAA site, several searchable FAR options in my bookmarks, but no
downloadable or on-line searchable AIM. Does anyone know where I can
find one?

tia,
Geo. Anderson