Old November 18th 03, 05:51 PM
John Clonts

"Bob Gardner" wrote in message
news:bphub.176041$9E1.917544@attbi_s52...
When you are cleared for the VOR-A you are expected to fly the
profile....fly at the MDA and not a foot lower to the missed approach

point
or until you see the runway environment as defined in 91.175.

So, once I saw the runway environment (and kept it in sight), I was ok to
descend a hundred feet, fly a couple more miles, fly the pattern, and land,
right?

When you see
the airport, you should real quick ask for a contact approach...then you

can
follow ground reference and altitude is not a factor.

Or (if I had been in class G, below 700' agl) cancel IFR "real quick"? Does
ATC have to hear me and respond, or is my call "into the blind" sufficient?

Thanks!
John Clonts
Temple, Texas
N7NZ