Old October 18th 18, 05:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

Default Cheaper tows?

On Wednesday, October 17, 2018 at 1:25:52 AM UTC-7, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Tue, 16 Oct 2018 21:40:33 -0700, Bruce Hoult wrote:

Here's a newer model in 720p \o/ in a a two week old upload.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOTwJ1ASz1c

Nice. Probably the best shot I've seen of a CRESCO doing its thing.

Oh, here's a two year old 1080p video of a classic 400 HP piston one.
Looks like it's made by a model flyer who gets some stick for noise lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSGYL3j5EXo

Yep, sounds like an RC guy with noise problems. I didn't realise that
there were many straight 400hp Fletchers still flying.

Do you know who did the V-8 conversions?

Here's some more modern hi quality footage of the old classic. I don't know how many more years they'll be around. The 400 HP piston version has been flying for over 50 years already (and almost all the older lower powered ones converted). The first turbine one was 1967!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70BAmf6ZIiw

Is it just me, or does he like to give his aileron arm a bit of a rest? I know they are reputed to be very heavy.

Another 400HP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldWnzjcUziY

And some Cresco. Mit ze leeetle choke...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xf-ikdLqrk