Old April 1st 04, 06:49 PM
Corky Scott

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 08:14:14 -0600, "plasticguy"
wrote:

Mark Zivley wrote:
Any additional suggestions welcome.

Thank you,

Mark

Mark.
if you used spray paint to seal the surface, all you
really need to do to get it to release is use many coats of
automoblie paste wax. Put it on, let it dry, buff it by hand with a
rag. Put on about 6 coats, and you'll be fine. The problem with
spray paint is that it is pourous and will absorb was. Thats why you
put on so many coats.

Scott.

Scott, I was told that too, and applied three layers of a special
paste wax designed for mold release and polished them just like the
directions said.

When it came time to pull the wingtip off the mold (male mold) I
nearly destroyed the mold as the fiberglass had bonded quite nicely to
the waxed surface.

Actually I guess you could say that I DID destroy the mold because it
took another week of filling and sanding and varnishing to get it back
to a ready to use state again.

The next time I tried, I used the wax AND a release agent. The
release agent worked very well although it was a little troublesome to
get on the surface.

Corky Scott