Old November 30th 06, 08:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Default Shared Ownership 1987 Mooney M20J [warning: Long response]

B A R R Y wrote:
Robert M. Gary wrote:
That's how I understand it, and that's how my two owner aircraft is set
up. We both coughed up 1/2 the equity, it's registered to both of us,
etc...

However, N2310D's original description sounded a lot like a single owner
renting or bartering blocks of time to cover his ownership costs.

Yea, you'd want to be real careful with that, both from the FAA and the
insurance side. You don't want it to look like you're renting the plane
out (even if you're only renting to a few pilots).

-Robert