Old August 12th 20, 03:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

Default Flarm Antenna Mount JS1

On Tuesday, August 11, 2020 at 8:01:53 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Anyone have a nice, elegant solution on how to mount Flarm antennas on the glare shield of a JS1? I have used plastic brackets velcroed to the glare shield but in this Ga heat the Velcro just won’t hold. I am considering using plastic screws but hate the idea of drilling holes in my glare shield.
Ideas and photos of good installations would be appreciated.
Thanks,’
Chuck

I have a setup I like on my ASG-29 using "strong magnets" (e.g. https://www..amazon.com/s?k=high+str...p _bc_aui_C_4) . One is epoxied to the bottom of a plastic bracket I made for the antenna and the other is epoxied to the inside of the glareshield. It provides a very clean solution (no visible fixtures and no holes) and it's completely breakaway in case you need to jettison the canopy.

Before anyone brings up the issue, no, I haven't seen any issues with interference with electronics or the Flarm itself, but yes I would be careful to test that out before permanently going with this solution.

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...&oe=5F5B1D 80