Old December 27th 06, 06:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kyle Boatright

Default Yak close call

"gatt" wrote in message

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2PvcG4Vmyw

Reminds me of a framed photo on the wall of the Lebanon, TN airport.

During an airshow, a fellow doing aerobatics in a black Mig-17 bottomed out
a loop and drug the tailpipe on the ground. The photo shows the Mig at a
very high alpha, with the tailpipe dragging.

Apparently, he was at the very bottom of the loop, because the airplane flew
away from the ground contact, dropped the gear, and landed.

I'm sure the pilot needed a garment change afterwards.

KB