Old January 3rd 07, 05:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Robert Bonomi

Default FYI Bio zoom ZZZZZZZZ

In article ,
Al G wrote:

"Richard Riley" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 2 Jan 2007 17:17:58 -0500, "anon" wrote:

"ChuckSlusarczyk" wrote in message
A commercially rated pilot, Campbell has earned Flight instructor
Ratings
(CFI/A/I/ME/H) in fixed and rotary wing aircraft, and logged over 17,000
flight
hours in over 1100 different ultralights, jets, multi-engine A/C,
helicopters,
gyroplanes, autogyros, sailplanes, seaplanes, kit aircraft and general
aviation
birds.

No Type ratings? But he flew 1100 types. I'm not sure, but I don't think
there are 1100 types. That would be almost every aircraft type ever flown. I
do believe he would be hard pressed to show 1/10 that number. Truly a legend
in his own mind.

Read *carefully* It doesn't say 1100 different _types_, just 1100 different
aircraft. Also note that all it says is that he has 'logged flight hours'
in those craft -- it does *NOT* say that he was the PIC. Given that it
specifies 'jets', and 'multi-engine A/C', one might suspect he's counting
'flight' time spent in the passenger compartment of scheduled airlines.

Given a lack of type ratings, one might conclude that the claimed flight time
does not include pilot/co-pilot time in anything requiring a type rating, such
as a 'multi-engine' rating, or a 'seaplane' rating. A reasonable conclusion
would be that he was a _passenger_ in those types. Lending credence to the
suspicion in the prior paragraph.

Remember, "figures don't lie, but liars can figure." grin