Old January 23rd 18, 11:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default How Many Clubs Still Have A 1-26?

Hi Cindy, thanks for the reply. I have studied the 1-26 assoc database and also the FAA database but that doesn't really give a feel for if those ships are actually active or airworthy.

I am working on ways to help clubs to utilize their 1-26's for more xc activities. I feel that we need to re introduce many clubs and their members to the virtues of these birds as a fantastic and safe way to give folks a taste of xc and also competition.

I have always had a suspicion, with a few exceptions, that while many clubs still have a 1-26 on their roles, they are fairly under utilized in favor of the more advanced ships. I know in my club, our 1-26 has been pretty idle with folks either flying the grob 103 solo or transitioning into our discus.

In addition to developing ways to get these ships up and productive again, one of the biproducts is the 1-26 Association stays alive with new membership and possibly new attendees for our nationals.

Dan