Old December 7th 20, 03:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Kellett

Default solo with Aspergers

On Sunday, December 6, 2020 at 3:32:18 PM UTC-5, Phoenix wrote:
Are there any CFI-Gs who have taught prospective pilots with Aspergers? I'd like to hear what their challenges are / were.

Aspberger's per se is no longer recognized as a specific syndrome in the spectrum of autism. We had a high functioning autistic student whose personality sucked, but he eventually could safely fly. And I was surprised to learn that there are autistic airline pilots, and very good ones - apparently one aspect of the syndrome is the intense intention to detail works well in some high functioning autistic persons in the cockpit!