Old July 26th 03, 03:21 PM
Judah

Ahh, don't feel too bad...

The reality is, any time you give a customer any sort of terms, you run the
risk of being dependent on their success for payment. I had a customer for
whom I did a bunch of work thinking I was actually going to get paid for it
in 30 days, and they were sold in an asset sale by their bank 90 days after
my invoice date... Of course, all legal advice I received was that my invoice
was going to be at the bottom of the list behind the bank's secured credit,
and I was SOL...

I'm with you - spread the word and help make your customer successful!
Protect your investment and collect your training time!

wrote in
:

I'll would receive the trade agreed upon regardless of the financial
outcome. The owner of the store is a local CFI, and I would just feel
much better if her project really took off and did well as a result of
the changes. I guess the way I worded it sounded like my success relied
on the stores increased success.