Old January 17th 05, 03:16 AM
Dave

I would suspect that the two engines would be classified as an engine
assembly and would not be considered as a multi-engine airplane.

Dave

Andy Asberry wrote:

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 16:41:17 GMT, UltraJohn
wrote:

Vaughn wrote:

It is very simple. Airplanes are classified as single-engine or
multi-engine. The classification says nothing about number of props.

You may make the argument that a redundant "engine package"
containing two
engine blocks but only one set of engine controls for the pilot to manage
actually constitutes a single engine, but I would want to have that ruling
from the FAA in advance.

Vaughn

Which brings me to my question!
How 'bout a single turbine driving two props (preferable counter rotating)?
John

History does repeat itself! Discussion moved in exactly this direction
three years ago.

The answer: Perfectly acceptable as long as it is a pusher design,
front elevator and rear rudder.

Answer provided by Orv and Wilbur.