Old February 19th 19, 07:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

Default Affect of Alcohol (Beer) on Soaring and Soaring Racing

On Tuesday, February 19, 2019 at 9:05:07 AM UTC-5, wrote:
I know Sebastian Kawa and a few others never touch alcohol. Some racing pilots stay away around competitions. Others have a beer waiting on ice when they land.

Is it just a high performance athlete focusing thing - or is there more to it. I did a search and couldn't fined any discussions.

WH

Are you kidding me!!! Why even fly if you cannot have a few cold brews after a good day. Down here in Florida we certainly enjoy our beer, calling it an early day to final glide home and open the cooler is always refreshing. Now we most always have a cold ice packed cooler with some excellent beers awaiting the thirsty pilots. Our favorite brands would be Becks, Stella, Pacifico and a few yuenglings. We are always careful to recycle the glass bottles, we want to keep the greenies like OAC happy.