Old August 26th 14, 02:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

Default Centre of gravity, flaps and elevators

On Monday, August 25, 2014 10:52:52 PM UTC-5, Eric Greenwell wrote:
My ASH 26 E (a flapped glider) manual says the higher the wing loading, the more forward the CG should be, and that the CG automatically moves forward the correct amount when ballast is used (the ballast tanks are ahead of the CG). -- Eric Greenwell

Or, maybe that was just their way of saying "We aren't giving you a tail tank because we are going to tell you that you don't need one."

:-)

Steve Leonard