Old July 22nd 03, 04:27 PM
Andre

Hey John,
Yes the expensive part obviously makes it slightly less attractive for an
enthusiastic home builder on limited budget... so I'm thinking... what would
any decent home builder do?
The answer is scrounge of course, is it not?
So here's my first my first idea for a Home Made Machine Gun Fire Sound
Device Ver. 1.0.
Take one second hand automotive radio/cassette player and obtain an
amplifying unit to match. Tape some machine gun fire onto a casette, (can
use Pearl Harbor, the movie as a good source...) and install the whole
contraption into one standard home built aircraft with a button on the
joystick grip (to make this post relevant to the thread) and Bob's your
uncle...
What do you think?

"Big John" wrote in message
Andre

Don't they (or didn't they) make some 'guns' that use propane to make
the gun noise? Seem to recall that method of playing WWI Ace G

Talk to Confedrate Air Force (they changed their name I think) on what
they use on their 'Zero's in their Pearl Harbor airshow.

Went to Google and searched "simulated aircraft machine gun". On that
site I found at least one propane/Oxy firing machine gun
(http://members.tripod.com/ReplicaMDL/bigguns.htm. There may be
others?

The one I found (50 Cal) was pretty expensive but there may be other
cheaper ones on Internet if you spend some time looking.

Rots uve luck, boyson. (Well known Japanese expression G)

Big John

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 12:22:10 +0200, "Andre" wrote:

At night when I get home I sit in my Sonerai and make engine noises
ocasionally alternated by machine gun fire noises when I press the PTT
button. I think it would be really cool if I could find a device that

will
make the machine gun fire noises while I'm doing a beat up of the club
house! I'd like the activation button for that on my stick! :-)
Andre

"Roger Halstead" wrote in message
.. .
On 18 Jul 2003 22:56:06 GMT, (B2431) wrote:

(1) What is the best configuration? That is, what should and

shouldn't
be
on the grip?

I do believe your hand should be on the grip.

That's a good start...:-))

"For me", I want the radio PTT, trim, and autopilot disconnect. There
are maybe some I've missed, but those three are my primary choices.

I plan on making the grip ambidextrous as it would be a bit more
convenient, although less comfortable. There are a number of "Game"
joy sticks that would be ideal for the right hand, but they are very
uncomfortable when used with the left.

The gaming industry got it backwards there...although a right hand one
for the right seat and left for the left seat would be the way to go.

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired