Old July 11th 06, 01:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Montblack[_1_]

Default Arlington lays some eggs

wrote)
5. Ah... the CAP kids. I suggest talking to the Canadian Air Cadets
legal department. They made a determination that the cadets should not
be around spinning propellers. Brilliant, eh? Well we did have some
Boy Scouts this year to help fill the gap, but yes, there were not
enough kids to help out. The CAP needs to grow their membership in
order to fill that gap left by the Air Cadets. We are also open to
suggestions to other youth groups that show a level of responsibility
and can help out.

Church groups and Girl Scouts. Ask them now - for next season! For the
Church groups: Men's clubs, Ladies clubs, Youth groups, Neighborhood
Outreach programs, etc.

Senior condos and/or Senior apartments are another great source of willing
people. Bus them over and back, give them a pancake breakfast (and/or
lunch), give them a t-shirt, and they'll give you many hours of enthusiastic
service. Take care of the Seniors and they'll take care of you! :-)

Don't forget the bathroom breaks and "refreshment wagon" for your
volunteers. Bottled Water is the drink of choice for many on a hot day.
ALWAYS have lots of COLD bottled water in the cooler.

Also, some Aviation programs "require" this type of civic
service/volunteering - credits toward graduation. A few years ago we had a
group of 20(?) students from a college aviation program get credit for
working our Airport Open House.

Montblack