Old February 1st 04, 01:36 AM
Kathryn & Stuart Fields

If you choose to use cable ties, and that sounds like a good idea, use the
ones from Cobra. the cut off ends are flush and don't snag everything
including your fingers.
stu fields
"Ron Wanttaja" wrote in message
I'm in the midst of working on my transponder install. I've got three
antenna cables running to the radio/transponder panel. Two are for the
Narco Nav/Comm and attach via BNC, the other used to be soldered to the
rack for the old transponder but will now get a BNC fitting as well.

Accidentally swapping the Nav/Comm antenna connectors made little
difference to the radio performance, but now the transponder cable will be
added to the mix and attaching the wrong cable to a device would be bad.

I'll add the appropriate labels to the ends of the cables, but most of the
time, I end up attaching the BNCs by feel. I was wondering if anyone had

good suggestion for changing the tactile characteristics of the

transponder
antenna cable.

In other words, when I reach back and grab the end, I'm going to want to
instantly know it's the transponder cable without being able to read the
label. Any suggestions?

Ron Wanttaja